Sunday 18 December 2011

Toronto Christmas Market

I always find myself coming back to the Distillery District whenever I'm in search of something different to do in Toronto. This time I discovered Toronto's second annual Christmas Market (based off of the infamous German Christmas markets). The air was filled with the smell of German goodies like bratwurst, sauerkraut, pretzels, and gluehwein (mulled wine) while children were walking hand-in-hand with their parents singing Christmas songs (seriously!). As for my parents and I, we were too busy munching away to sing, so we walked around and checked out all the neat things the various vendors had to offer (the walk also helped us to digest all the food we ate too!). The only thing that was missing was the snow! 

Merry Christmas (and Happy Hanukkah) everyone! Frohe Weihnachten! 







Where to go first...? 

Didn't think the carousel would be our first stop, eh? 
(Ok, but I didn't actually go on it)


Traditional German goodies: Stollen (fruit cake) & Pretzels 

Chocolate mice :) 
(If all my stories came with chocolate, I would've read a lot more books as a child!)


Traditional German wooden ornaments


A Canadian spin on a German tradition :)


We couldn't decide - so we had one of each! 

Cheers! Prost!


Have a safe and happy holiday everyone! See you in the New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment