Tuesday 13 September 2011

Turkey

Türkiye'ye hoşgeldiniz!


After an exhilarating 10 days, visiting 6 cities, I discovered the many things that Turkey has to offer. In such a short period of time, I "crashed" a Turkish bridal party in Istanbul, had lunch at the Turkish Parliament in Ankara, dined with the Chief of Police of Izmir, stuffed my face with Turkish delight and baklava, drank (at least) 5 litres of apple tea, took a tour of Kaymakli underground city, dined with local Turkish families, watched Whirling Dervishes twirl endlessly, stumbled upon Istanbul Fashion Week, tried my hand at pottery, experienced the infamous Turkish bath, shopped my heart out at the Grand Bazaar and Spice Market, and explored many historical sites. It was an exhausting and ambitious trip, but also an experience of a lifetime, and one that I will never forget. So in the next couple of posts I hope to share a part of my trip with you and show you the beauty and richness of this incredible country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment